Everywhere you look, it’s Valentine’s Day-everything. I don’t know about you, but it makes me feel a little sick inside. To me, it’s a constant reminder that I don’t have a special person to spoil the crap of me. And pretty soon, there will be Facebook posts galore of flower bouquets, romantic dinners, and maybe a marriage proposal sprinkled in there somewhere. Enough to roll your eyes and be like, “okay, future cat lady.. you win”. But, let’s brace ourselves… we’ll get through this.
Here is what you can do to make yourself feel good about being the anti-Valentine:
- Make an online dating profile. Whether it’s on OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, Tinder, or Match.com. Give it a few minutes and then read what is out there. You will see what I mean…
- Go on a dessert crawl in your city. Get dessert at 2 or 3 different restaurants. Don’t forget the wine or coffee.
- Get your 50% off chocolate the day after Valentine’s Day. Woohoo!
- Be a wanderlust and go on a day trip somewhere. Or, even make a weekend out of it. Explore what the place has to offer: famous landmarks, unique restaurants, thrift stores, natural beauty, etc. And, take pictures.
- Have a wine and cheese night. Select 3 or 4 different cheeses. Whole Foods Market has a small cheese bin in their cheese section that’s full of different cheese scraps (and it’s cheap). And then, watch your favorite show or movie on Netflix.
And just remember, St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner…
Thanks for reading!
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Anything special?